It’s officially Spring ladies and gents and I am adoring the Spring weather we are having in Colorado with this delicious Strawberry Avocado with Poppy Seed Dressing. It’s an easy dinner that’s not going to break the bank; calorie or actual bank, and something that you can easily whip together during the week.
My fiancé and I have been on an avocado a day kick lately. Literally I think we have at least one a day. I just can’t help myself, they are so good and are a great fat for you. Why not incorporate them into yet another meal? The combination of fresh strawberries and avocado with the poppy seed dressing…Bon appétit.
- Toasted Slivered Almonds
- Shelled edamame
Strawberry Avocado Salad
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts (cubed)
- 1 Bag of your favorite Greens
- 20 Fresh Strawberries (sliced)
- 2 Large Avocados (cubed)
- 1 English Cucumber (sliced)
- 5 Green Onions (diced)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Place cubed chicken, olive oil and lemon pepper in a large pan. Cook until chicken is no longer pink/is done. Set aside.
- Toss the greens, sliced strawberries, avocados, cucumber and green onion.
- Place tossed green mixture on 4 plates or bowls; whichever you prefer.
- Top with chicken and feta cheese crumbles.
- Drizzle with poppy seed dressing.