Who is still on the path of eating healthy(ish) this week? We are! While eating healthy is a full time job itself we do take the weekend as free days, because let’s face it, you only live once and food is just WAY TOO GOOD. We tried a combination of cucumber, avocado and chicken for dinner and it was surprisingly quite tasty while extremely healthy. Cucumbers are known to help with bloating, which, my gosh, I feel like is a daily battle. The avocado is a nice a healthy fat to help fill you up.
When you take a peek at the recipe you will note feta cheese is optional. I didn’t have the feta cheese with my dinner bowl, but for my lunch the next day I did. It’s up to you and your preference.
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts (cubed)
- 4 Avocados (cubed)
- 2 Cucumbers (sliced)
- ¼ Red Onion (sliced)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Pepper
- Italian Dressing
- Crumbled Feta Cheese (optional)
- Place cubed chicken and lemon pepper in a fry pan on medium heat. Cook until chicken is no longer pink (20-30 minutes pending cube size).
- Add in some italian dressing to the chicken and simmer on low.
- While chicken is simmering place cubed avocado, cucumber and onion in a large bowl. Toss with some additional italian dressing.
- Once Italian dressing is almost gone in fry pan, turn off and pour into the cucumber/avocado mixture.
- Stir mixture thoroughly.
- Enjoy! (Top with feta cheese crumbles as desired).