Everyone says their hair dresser is the best, but mine…literally a god. Like every woman I look forward to my hair appointments. They are beyond relaxing, my hair is finally at peace with itself…hmmmm, and life is just good again. Having amazing hair is definitely one of my keys to loving myself and being a #womanboss everyday and Riley makes that happen.
I am in my upper 20s and finally got my hair colored. Crazy ladies, right? I know I am behind times, but I never wanted to, as getting your hair colored is such a working job itself, however…I discovered Balayage. Let me tell you, AMAZING! It’s beyond low maintenance and when it grows out you don’t look like a freaking hot mess everyday. Highly recommend it.
In addition to Balayage I have also discovered, per hair god Riley, Olaplex. Olaplex has saved my life, or well I should say my hairs life. Olaplex is used when coloring your hair and then once a week. Olaplex repairs those broken bonds in your hair and makes it “easy breezing beautiful cover girl,” all over again. Literally feel on top of the world every week. No more, ugh, this is my hair.
I did an absolutely gorgeous caramel balayage in December of this past year and recently went with a more blonde balayage for spring and summer. This is the fabulous part of balayage, no more sticking with plain Jane one color Jessica, the rainbow is endless.
In addition to the Olaplex weekly I highly recommend Kérastase hair products. Products I use:
- Nectar Thermique Hair Milk for Dry Hair (daily)
- Crème Chronologiste Revitalizing Hair Mask (as needed)
- Aura Botanica Bain Micellaire Shampoo (daily)
- Aura Botanica Bain MIcellaire Conditioner (daily)
- Elixir Ultime Nourishing Hair Oil (as needed; not daily)
- Mousse Bouffante-Volumizing Hair Styling Mousse (when I blow dry and style my hair)
- V.I.P. Volume in Powder – Volumizing Hairspray (when not putting my hair up)
Definitely check out balayage and if you are in Denver, hit up Riley at Needle in the Hay; you won’t be disappointmented.
What products do you use and what is your secret to keeping your hair gorgeous?