I always dread daylight savings. It messes up my light and dark schedule for a bit then finally balances itself back out. In conjunction with daylight savings, we here in Denver are having some amazingly warm 60 degree weather, which has made me want to make our meals even more healthy. Spring and summer body ready for those cute clothes, right? Planning our meals for the week is never an easy feat as I get sick of eating the same thing. Thinking outside the box is a must.
In thinking outside the box, I decided to try my own take on Thai Lettuce Wraps and they turned out so FABULOUS. I will definitely be making these again. They were beyond easy. When I say beyond easy, I mean it, and they were delectable. I highly recommend stopping at your local Trader Joes to pick up the butter lettuce and sweet chili sauce. Having the sweet chili sauce premade was a huge helper. Feel free to add more veggies or even some cheese if desired. We liked them just as is. Yes, if you really know me that is extremely surprising that I did not add cheese, but I didn’t. Enjoy the recipe below and let me know what you think.
Thai Lettuce Wraps
- 2 Lbs Ground Turkey
- 1 Head Butter Lettuce
- 5 Green Onions (diced)
- 5 Small Peppers (sliced)
- ¼ Fresh Cilantro
- ½ Cup Sweet Chili Sauce (Trader Joes)
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ Cup Peanuts
- Brown ground turkey in a fry pan. Add in sweet chili sauce and soy sauce, stir and simmer.
- While ground turkey is simmering, slice the peppers and chop the green onions. Set Aside.
- Wash the butter lettuce and place on your dinner place. Scoop in the turkey mixture.
- Top with peppers, cilantro, green onion and peanuts.