We have had some absolutely gorgeous weather here lately in Denver, CO. The temperature on those warm days has been in the 60’s with the sun a shining. It feels like Spring is coming, but I definitely know we will get more snow again. While it’s in the 60’s why not take advantage of the weather and fire up the grill? As you can probably tell from the weekly wine review, I absolutely adore red wine. What better way to incorporate red wine into our meal than to make a red wine buffalo burger. These burgers were absolutely AMAZING. The pictures don’t do anywhere near the justice the taste did them. They are an easy and delicious dinner or weekend lunch. Feel free to add whatever toppings you feel needed. We enjoyed them just as the recipe instructs. The flavors were amazing!
- 1 lb ground buffalo
- ¼ Cup red wine (half for burgers & half for onions/mushrooms)
- 1 Tbsp Worcheshire Sauce
- ½ Tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 Cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ Tsp onion powder
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup Herb Bread Crumbs
- 1 Red Onion (sliced)
- 20 Crimini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 Ciabatta buns
- ½ Cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place ground buffalo in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in: red wine, worcheshire sauce, red pepper flakes, minced garlic, onion powder, egg and a dash of salt and pepper. Thoroughly mix.
- Form 4 patties and make a well in the middle of them. Refrigerate for ½ hour +.
- Start grill and ensure you get it up to a high temperature.
- Grill burgers on each side of approximately 5-10 minutes, pending how well done you like them.
- While burgers are grilling, place sliced red onion, mushrooms, red wine and butter in a pan. Saute. Cover and set aside. (You don’t want them to get cold, so try to time it out that they are done approximately when the burgers are done.) They take about 10-15 minutes.
- Slice ciabatta buns and sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese. Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted.
- To assemble: Take the bottom ciabatta bun and place red wine buffalo on it, top with the red wine mushrooms and onions and place the top ciabatta bun on.