These delectable blue cheese steak bites are sure one to make your taste buds go wild. The pairing of a nice piece of steak with some blue cheese and balsamic glaze is absolutely delectable. I love when a recipe is so simple but the simplicity is to elegant and delicious.
These bites are perfect for:
- A weeknight dinner party appetizer
- For dinner itself if you are trying to stay light (pairs well with red wine)
- Work potlucks
- Use a fresh french bread from your local bakery.
- Heat up the french bread if you decide not to toast it.
- Season the steak well ahead of time and let the flavors soak in.
- Buy a locally made blue cheese. I find local products seem to taste so much better than those large corporation products. They may cost a bit more, but you have to think you are giving back to your community.
|Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 4-6 people
- Season steak as desired.
- Heat up a cast iron pan until hot. Drizzle with olive oil and let smoke. Sear steak on each side for 5 minutes. (Steak will come out rare-medium rare, so if you like your steak cooked through a bit more, sear longer on each side.)
- Take steak out of skillet after searing and place on a plate and cover with tin foil. Let the steak rest for at least 5 minutes
- While steak is resting cut french bread into thin slices. If desired you can toast french bread by brushing with olive oil, sprinkling with salt and pepper and toasting under the broiler.
- Thinly slice the blue cheese and place on top of each slice of french bread.
- After steak has rested at least 5 minutes, thinly slice and place on top of blue cheese.
- Sprinkle with green onions and drizzle with balsamic glaze.