Stride into the new year on a healthy foot. I know eating healthy isn’t always the easiest feat, but it’s one that will make you physically feel better. Easier said than done on so many levels. Don’t get me wrong we do eat unhealthy and I will be the first to admit I have a bin of sugar candies and a separate bin for chocolate in our pantry, but the majority of our meals are centered around vegetables and wholesome foods.
We have been drinking the below smoothie this past week and have fallen in love with how it makes us feel. The smoothie has helped with my bloating and overall cleanse of our bodies. It’s a perfect early or mid morning treat.
- If all of the ingredients don’t fit in your blender cup blend all ingredients excluding the spinach and blend. This should give you more room to add the spinach.
- Chia Seeds
|Original Ingredient||Substitute Ingredient|
- ½ Banana
- ½ Green Apple
- ½ Cup Spinach
- 1 Tsp Ginger (minced)
- 1 Tsp Mint
- ¼ Cup Blueberries
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup Cucumber
- Splash Unsweetened Cranberry Juice OR Pomegranate Juice
- ¼ Cup Ice
- Combine banana, green apple, spinach, ginger, mint, blueberries, lemon juice, cucumber and ice in a blender cup.
- Add a splash of unsweetened cranberry juice OR pomegranate juice and about ½ cup water.
- Blend until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
Click on recipe title “Detox Smoothie” for a PDF recipe download.