It’s New Years Eve and everyone seems to be hustling and bustling about the city preparing for there evening plans. Some people obviously hosting and some attending. As I too was warped into the tornado of people out and about I started thinking about what the “new year” brings.
Carrie Bradshaw once said, “Maybe you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be.” While dwelling on this quote I thought what better way to kick off the New Year’s Eve celebrations but with Ms. Bradshaw’s signature drink…the Cosmopolitan.
Cosmos happen to be one of my go to drinks for girls nights, dinner parties and holiday celebrations. They are extremely easy to make and always are delicious. The secret in making a good cosmo if you ask me is using unsweetened cranberry juice, but that’s just my opinion.
- 4 parts Grey Goose
- 1 part Cointreau
- 1 part Unsweetened Cranberry Juice
- 0.5 parts lime juice
- 1 orange peel garnish
- Take your cocktail shaker and fill it with ice. (not crushed)
- Shave a spiral off of an orange for the garnish and hook on the side of your martini glass.
- Combine the Grey Goose, Cointreau, unsweetened cranberry juice and lime juice in the shaker.
- Shake 25-50 times until cosmopolitan liquid is chilled.
- Use a cocktail strainer if your shaker doesn’t have one and pour the drink into the martini glass.
“Sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning the future, stop figuring out precisely how we feel, stop deciding exactly what we want, and just see what happens.” -Carrie Bradshaw, Sex & the City”
Cheers and Happy New Year!