I am hopeful the cold is finally coming; fingers crossed we may even be getting some more snow. With the gusts of cold air outside and the fireplace onside what better dinner to make than a bowl of soup. It warms the body and soul. There are so many different recipes for soup out there but I wanted something different. It’s not everyday you see curry spiced soups and thus this is what I choose to make.
- The cauliflower may take longer to roast than 30 minutes. Keep an eye on the cauliflower and if needed roast longer. You want to ensure the cauliflower is really roasted before placing it in the soup.
- Feel free to add additional curry seasoning if the flavor isn’t strong enough.
- I personally like Penzy’s Curry spice and feel it provides an abundance of flavor but use whatever brand curry seasoning you would like.
- If you don’t like crisp english peas put them in the soup with the cauliflower.
- The soup does have some spice, so just be conscious of that. I would say it’s more of a mild spice.
Coconut Curry Soup
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes Servings: 6-8 bowls
1 Pound ground turkey
1 Head of cauliflower
1 Jalapeno diced
1 White onion diced
1 Head cauliflower diced
2 Carrots sliced
2 Celery stalks sliced
6 Green onions sliced
4 Cloves of garlic
1 ½ Cups of english peas
4 Cups of kale
½ Cup cilantro
2 Cups of coconut milk
6 Cups of chicken broth
3 +1 Tbsp curry seasoning
1 Tbsp cumin
1 Tsp turmeric
1 Tsp smoked paprika
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
Roasted Curry Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 425°-450°
- Wash the cauliflower and dice into small pieces.
- Place the diced cauliflower on a cookie sheet and mix in olive oil.
- Evenly spread the coated cauliflower on the pan and sprinkle with the 1 Tbsp of curry.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and set aside once done roasting.
- Place ground turkey in a pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper and brown.
- Set aside.
- Take diced onion, celery, carrots, garlic and jalapeno in a large pot. Add in a dash of olive oil and cook on medium-low heat.
- Once onions are starting to brown add in the 4 cups of kale and stir as needed while kale is cooking down.
- After the kale is done add in the roasted cauliflower, cooked ground turkey, coconut milk, chicken broth, 3 Tbsp curry, cumin, tumeric and smoked paprika.
- Let soup come to a small rolling bowl for about 10 minutes.
- Turn soup on low and let simmer. Add in the english peas and green onions.
- Let the soup simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, top with cilantro and enjoy!