Ever wonder what in the world to do with all those random veggies left in the fridge from the meals you made during that week? A grain bowl is the perfect solution. I threw the below Veggie Grain Bowl together with those extra veggies we had left in the fridge. It was absolutely delicious, if I do say so myself, and incredibly filling. It combines fresh greens, protein, healthy fats and grain all into one meal. It can’t get much easier than that to ensure you have your food groups covered, can it?
- You can use whatever veggies you have left in your fridge. I promise it will still taste good. Feel free if desired to use the below though.
- If you do not feel comfortable making a dressing you can purchase a balsamic vinaigrette. I like making our dressings as I then know exactly what we are consuming. Many dressings have SO MUCH SUGAR its unreal.
- I used a fall quinoa/grain mix for the below however feel free to use your desired grain. Whether it be red quinoa, tricolored quinoa, farro or even a blend.
- Also if you aren’t a fan of raw english peas feel free to roast them with the endives and mini zucchini.
Veggie Grain Bowl
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes all items Servings: 4
-1 pound ground turkey
- Place ground turkey in a fry pan with the turkish seasoning. Brown and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Place endives and mini zucchini on a baking sheet and drizzle ⅛ cup olive oil and 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar on both.
- Sprinkle desired amount of salt and pepper on top.
- Place in oven and roast for approximately half and hour.
- Take out and set aside.
- Place quinoa, water and chicken bouillon in a pot and cook as instructions recommend.
- When quinoa/grains are done take off the burner and mix in the finely chopped/shredded greens.
- Set Aside.
- Place the sliced mini heirloom tomatoes, english peas, minced garlic and onion powder in a bowl and combine. Set aside.
- Remove the ends from the snap peas. Set aside.
- Open the can of garbanzo beans and rinse thoroughly. Set aside.
- Peal and core avocados and set aside.
- Place ½ cup balsamic vinegar, remaining olive oil and paprika in a salad dressing shaker. Shake until blended. If you like a little sweeter dressing add a squeeze of honey.
- Take 4 bowls and equally divide the quinoa/grain mixture in the bottom of all bowls.
- Next go around the bowl slowly adding a section of each the: snap peas, tomato mixture, ground turkey, garbanzo beans, endives and mini zucchini.
- Sprinkle pine nuts on top and drizzle balsamic dressing.