Some evenings are busier than others, some make it impossible to cook and some let you sneak by with a few minutes to whip something together. The Spinach Artichoke Braid is just the item you need when you only have those few minutes. It’s super easy to put together, and you can finish up those last minute evening tasks while it’s in the oven.
- I use marinated artichokes in the braid as it gives it a little more flavor. I specifically LOVE Trader Joe’s brand, however feel free to use plain artichoke hearts if desired.
- If you have time and want to make your own dough, by all means knock yourself out. There are tons of easy dough recipes online. I sometimes make my own dough, however pre-made saves you some time.
- If you are vegetarian substitute tofu for chicken OR just leave the protein source out all together.
- It’s easiest to cut with a pizza cutter post cooking as it tends to not get as “butchered” as when you use a knife.
Spinach Artichoke Braid
Click for Recipe Download
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 35-45 minutes Servings: 4-6
-1 large chicken breast cubed
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Cube the large chicken breast (small cubes) and place in a pan with the olive oil, lemon pepper, garlic powder and parsley flakes.
- Fry until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, chop the spinach, slice the mushrooms and dice the marinated artichoke hearts. Set aside.
- Spread the dough on a cookie sheet and then spread the pesto in the middle of the raw dough. Keeping a few inches on all sides and filling the rest with the pesto spread.
- Place the cooked chicken on top of the pesto and then layer with the mushrooms, spinach and artichokes.
- Top with the shredded parmesan cheese and now you are ready to braid it.
- To braid the dough, fold in both ends and then pinch one piece from each side and meet them in the middle connecting the dough. You will do this all the way down the braid until you have a full bread loaf looking object.
- Cook for 35-45 minutes until dough is done.