I hope everyone had an absolutely fabulous Thanksgiving. I absolutely adore this holiday as I LOVE to cook and bake. I made everything from scratch for the entire meal. This may sound like a large undertaking but with one step at a time it was a meal; of course not without hiccups. Cooking got quite eventful with the power going out twice and the later of the occurrences while everything was in the oven. I assured everyone we had plenty of beverages to suffice us until the power came back on and so no tears were shed.
While leftovers are nice and all, eating the same thing over and over again can get kinda mundane. Why not spice up those leftovers? It’s super easy and below is just one of the ways I have “spiced” them up.
Enjoy the Turkey Cranberry Grilled Cheese Sandwich! It was approved in our house. Cheers!
- 1-2 pieces of leftover Turkey
- 2-3 pieces of sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil or Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 5-10 minutes
Servings: 1 sandwich
- Grab all ingredients from the refrigerator.
- Slice 2-3 pieces of sharp white cheddar cheese. (depending how big your bread is and how much you love cheese)
- Grab/slice 2 pieces of bread.
- Place a fry pan on low heat and add olive oil or butter.
- Take both pieces of bread and place in pan to coat one side with butter or olive oil.
- Add your leftover sliced turkey; salt and pepper as desired.
- Next spread the cranberry sauce and top with cheese.
- Take the piece of bread that’s not loaded up and put on top. ***This is all done while in the fry pan.***
- Place a lid on top of the fry pan and let cook for 3-5 minutes on each side on low heat.
- Low heat is important so you don’t burn your sandwich and so the cheese has time to melt.
- Once sandwich is melted and browned to your desire take out of the fry pan; slice as desired and garnish with rosemary. Enjoy!